“What you do on the first days of school will determine your failure for the rest of the school year.”
- review school policies
- get a copy of the school agenda which usually has important information
- explore the building
- post a large class schedule with times of class
- discover where equipment is in the school (televisions, videos, supplies room)
- meet colleagues: teachers, secretaries, custodians, librarians, etc.
- review safety procedures such as fire drill, where first aid kit is located, EPI pens, etc.
- be informed about routines and procedures of the school (bathroom passes, office passes, etc.)
- prepare all information for parents and students’ knowledge (contact information, student expectation)